[jboss-dev] Re: AS 5.1 Component Project Schedule

Pete Muir pete.muir at jboss.org
Wed Feb 4 15:44:30 EST 2009

On 4 Feb 2009, at 20:36, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> Pete Muir wrote:
>> Yes, as of the EJB3 release included in 5.0.1 all the needed hooks
>> are present.
>> I'm not quite sure if we will get to GA by April, but if not it
>> will be at least a CR.
>
> What do you consider GA? Spec completeness? or a stable-enough
> implementation? The former really isn't critical since you are
> labeling this a tech preview.

GA == Spec completeness + jBPM integration + Seam integration + Spring
integration + stable

Beta1 should be spec complete (without interceptors and decorators)
Beta2 will add in the integration (and also Ales and I are discussing
delegating more to the MC/JBoss Reflect for this release)

By Beta1 the core and JBoss AS integration should be pretty stable.

In essence Beta1 is actually CR1 of the spec-complete release, Beta2
is all about adding non-spec'd features.