[jboss-dev] JBoss AS branching and next releases

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 04:39:54 EST 2009

Hi there and Happy New Year!

following up on the discussions about AS branching:

a) the branch that produced AS 5.0.0.GA should be considered "dead". We won't be doing a dot
release from this branch (5.0.1.CR1)
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/branches/Branch_5_0/

b) trunk was instead branched into:
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/branches/Branch_5_x/
The next AS release to fix 5.0.0 glitches and introduce any missing EAP features will be
5.1. As it is now the branch produces 5.1.0.Beta1 but I'm not clear yet if we have time for
a Beta1 version; maybe we have to go directly to CR1.

c) trunk will produce the next AS6 release (6.0.0.Alpha1)
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/
This is still WIP as to how exactly AS6 will look like, or if it will further broken out.

JIRA needs adjustment, so that all the 5.0.0.CR1 issues move to 5.1.0.Beta1. It also needs a
good cleaning up as we'll have more than 200 tasks scheduled for 5.1.

Hudson will be adjusted accordingly, too.

When we have a clearer idea about the effort needed for 5.1 we'll come up with target dates.

Cheers
/Dimitris

PS
for David: branch/Branch_xyz is just legacy from the CVS days...

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dimitris Andreadis