[jboss-dev] JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Jan 13 10:25:48 EST 2009

Do we want to upgrade to JBoss Cache 3.0.2.GA in this release?

JBCACHE-1450 [1], JBCACHE-1454 [2], and JBCACHE-1455 [3] are pretty
critical and could affect the AS's clustering stack.  Other fixes [4]
in this release will also benefit users directly using JBoss Cache, or
using more advanced setups such as TcpDelegatingCacheLoaders.

FYI, I released 3.0.2.CR2 over the weekend and Brian's testing this
with Branch_5_0 as we speak.

Cheers
Manik

[1] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1450
[2] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1454
[3] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1455
[4] http://tinyurl.com/9ftmja

On 13 Jan 2009, at 10:09, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:

> Following popular vote/demand we'll deviate a bit from our AS 5.1
> target to produce a bug-fixing JBoss AS 5.0.1.GA release.
>
> The target date is Jan/30th with a code freeze of Branch_5_0 on Jan/
> 23rd.
>
> Please help making sure that any critical bugs reported by the
> community are recorded properly in JIRA. Fixes to the stable
> Branch_5_0 should also be applied to Branch_5_x and trunk.
>
> At this point it seems our biggest issues with AS5 are related to
> VFS and/or deployment. Any other issue you want to bring up for
> discussion, please do.
>
> I'll come up with more info for the release, so stay tuned.
>
> Thanks
> /Dimitris
>

> --
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx