[jboss-dev] Checksum failures in M2 repository

Trustin Lee tlee at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 11:49:26 EST 2009

I found the .pom of some artifacts in repository.jboss.org/maven2 have
different MD5/SHA1 checksum from what their .pom.md5 and .pom.sha1
claims.  This is a sort of a problem because it makes Maven to hit the
repository server twice (i.e. retries), slowing down the initial
build.  I have fixed some of them, but I'm not sure I have fixed all
of them.  I'm checking out the whole repository, but it's taking too
long.  Probably someone with proper access right to the repository SVN
could fix this easily?  I used the following shell script:

$ cat /usr/local/bin/update-pom-checksum
#!/bin/sh -e
find "$@" -name "*.pom" -print | while read F; do
  sha1sum "$F" | perl -pi -e 's/ +.*[\r\n]//' > $F.sha1
  md5sum "$F" | perl -pi -e 's/ +.*[\r\n]//' > $F.md5
done

If the checksum was correct, it wouldn't increase the commit traffic,
so I think it's fine to generate the checksum files for all .pom
files.

On the other hand, I also have found some .pom files don't have .md5
and .sha1 files at all.  In this case, the checksum files need to be
added to the repository once they are generated (i.e. svn add.)

— Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/