[jboss-dev] Include Web Beans RI in next JBoss 5 release

Pete Muir pete.muir at jboss.org
Thu Jan 15 07:33:33 EST 2009

Do you have a reasoned argument (other than a needing a quick power
trip) about why we should not be pushing new software that we develop
into JBoss AS (clearly marked as a technology preview), to allow early
access and increase the feedback we get?For example, EJB3 was
optionally included in JBoss 4.0.x.

Reading between the lines, I hope that this will address your concerns:

First, please see https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6371 - you
can see that I am suggesting 5.1 as the place to introduce WB.

Second, as I stated earlier (obviously not clearly enough) we built
the integration such that none of the WB libraries are included in the
AS or application classpath unless the deployment is a Web Beans
deployment (as marked by a {META-INF|WEB_INF}/web-beans.xml). Of
course, this doesn't apply to the WB deployers which deploy the app,
and push the WB libraries onto the app classpath. Thus, whether or not
WB is stable, shouldn't affect non-web-bean apps applied to the AS.