[jboss-dev] Include Web Beans RI in next JBoss 5 release

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 10:20:31 EST 2009

Yes: 5.0.x is a stable branch and should only get bug fixes.

By all means, integrate it into 5.1.  But if it were me running the
project, I'd say, make sure that when it does get into the 5.x branch that
it is stable (a GA release), as merging snapshots and betas and CRs at this
stage will serve only to delay the release which is supposed to be on a
fixed schedule now.

The point of my email really has nothing to do with Web Beans - I don't
really know the status at all.  I was just trying to get Dimitris to be
more assertive - he just seems so darn apologetic and polite all the time. :-)

I would take it even a step farther and say that Dimitris should have a
fixed window during which people are allowed to merge new features into the
5.x branch (which should be on a public calendar somewhere), to give plenty
of time to get the release stable before doing the release.  But I guess
he'll only put up with me telling him how to do his job for so long before
telling me to get bent :)

- DML