[jboss-dev] jboss-web_5_0.dtd push to jboss.org

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 08:57:18 EST 2009

The DTD is for legacy EJB2 containers only, XSD is only for the EJB3 stuff.

We (or was it just me) have been dealing with this for a long time now.
DTD and XSD were maid different on purpose, which was discussed (or at
least announced) on this list, forums and phone calls.

This is the case for the jboss ejb schemas only.
jboss-web and jboss-app still have only the dtd.
jboss-client has both, I haven't looked into differences yet but unless
there is a reason for the DTD it should not be supported.

Alexey