[jboss-dev] Why no commons-codec in AS5?

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 14:32:21 EST 2009

We need to take a second look at all the 3rd party dependencies and
their versions in the AS.

============
<dependency>
        <groupId>apache-velocity</groupId>
        <artifactId>velocity</artifactId>
        <version>1.4jboss</version>
      </dependency>

There are API changes in 1.5 version of velocity.  We are using a
patched version of velocity,  OSS projects
that depend on velocity will use 1.5+
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6404