[jboss-dev] EJB3 Release Schedule

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Sat Jan 24 20:13:44 EST 2009

Last week we did the following:

* Released 1.0.0 of all EJB3 subcomponents
* Updated the dependency chain and released jboss-ejb3-as-int:1.0.0-CR2
* Promoted 1.0.0-CR2 to 1.0.0
* Updated AS trunk, Branch_5_x, Branch_5_0 with EJB3 1.0.0
* Released the EJB3 Plugin 1.0.0[1], to patch JBossAS 5.0.0.GA with
libraries needed to bring EJB3 1.0.0 current.
* Announced to our community[2]

Looking forward we'll be pledging releases on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of
the month.  In practice we'll be starting the process on Thursdays to
meet the deadline.

For our first straight-to-community release, all went pretty smoothly.
Still TODO in future releases:

* Better integrate release process w/ JBossQA
* Document procedures for release (ie. JBossNews updates to Twitter,
blogs, Release Notes, README, etc)
* Continue to chip away at "the continuous integration problem", in that
dependency updates are all manual, there's no re-tagging/repackaging of
CRs into GAs, and the testing process is much longer than we'd like.
* Get documentation/tutorials into the picture (Jaikiran's revamped and
updated the suite)

S,
ALR