[jboss-dev] EJB3 Release Schedule

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 14:01:48 EST 2009

Hehe, not true.  I'm now cursing it at a daily resolution. :)

The problem is that the build tool doesn't mesh with the JBoss Version
Guidelines - using the form "1.0.0.GA" the DefaultArtifactVersion Unit
Tests I have will fail getMajorVersion() and getQualifier().  This kills
the ability to implement version ranges as a solution to obtain
Continuous Integration.  Leading to problems like I posed the other day
where jboss-metadata was stale and broke the build upon upgrade. :)

So what EJB3 is doing is succumbing to the version conventions that
Maven is imposing.

2 things that would ease the pain:

* Pluggable version formats
* Pluggable dependency resolution

Until then we cobble together a working solution as we can.

S,
ALR

Andrew Lee Rubinger
Sr. Software Engineer