[JBoss-dev] Is it possible to create multiplatform installer for java projects

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 09:03:20 EDT 2009

Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> Vikash,
>
> Please create a new topic in our "Installation, Configuration &
> Deployment" user forum here
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=61. We can
> discuss this question there.
>
> -Jaikiran

Make sure you look at updates as well. The worse devil can be there. We
have started an appliance configuration tool for thincrust
(www.thincrust.org) which is puppet driven. It is not a slam dunk for
you, but it may provide some ideas around recipe driven installation.

Also.. look at how tools like install shield, bitrock, and others
approach the problem. It tends to be a combination of built in tools +
custom scripts which can be driven by cli, windows, text ui, and
rpm/deb/package_manager_of_choice.

-- bk