[jboss-dev] Abstract classes?

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 11:33:59 EDT 2009

On 06/04/2009 07:10 AM, Adrian Brock wrote:
> Frankly, I've got better things to do than worry about whether
> somebody can understand what a class does from its name without
> reading the javadoc or even the code (it is open source).

Figuring out what code does is useless without knowing what it's supposed
to do.  The Javadoc is a critical part of this, and frankly there isn't
much on most of our codebase.

> The same goes for all the other "feeble" topics that have been drowning
> the dev-list recently.

That's pretty derisive, and I for one don't appreciate it.

> If I see another topic on logging I might even unsubscribe from the
> list. ;-)

That reminds me... ;-)

> "Rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic" is a phrase that springs
> to mind.

I'm not following your metaphor.  What exactly is the titanic here?  The
AS?  Does that make you William Pirrie?  ;-)

Seriously we all want to make things better here, and frankly we could
really use your help, not your insults.

- DML