[jboss-dev] Interesting JBAS profiling results

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Tue Jun 9 05:16:31 EDT 2009

Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> org.jboss.ejb3.deployers.Ejb3Deployer at 1ec264c   1370
>>    --
>> vfsfile:/work/as/trunk/build/output/jboss-6.0.0.Alpha1/server/default/deploy/ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml
>>    790
>>
>> 1 second in the Ejb3Deployer for just the profile service beans is a
>> bit too much.
> Just updated AS trunk and i see that there are *no* EJB3 beans being
> deployed (not even profile service beans). So 1 second for deploying
> nothing doesn't seem right. I'll see what causes this.
EJB3Deployer and some other deployers seem to be picking up irrelevant
deployments http://pastebin.com/f6dca8ff0

This specific issue is now being discussed in the MC forum
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=156725

Hacking around this issue (in the EJB3Deployer) brought down the server
boot time of a clean AS trunk by 1 second.

P.S: This issue applies to other deployers too and not just EJB3Deployer

regards,
-Jaikiran