[jboss-dev] Improving scanning performance

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 06:50:10 EDT 2009

> I have a few questions, please help me out.  If AnnotationEnvironment,
> is a database of annotations, would it be possible to persist the
> AnnotationEnvironment (so we don't have to rebuild it after every
> boot)?  If yes, is there a way we could handle invalidating entries in
> the persisted AnnotationEnvironment database (either manually or
> automatically when classes change)?

I don't think this makes any sense.
All of our boot deployments, except the new admin-console, don't make
any use of AE.
At least to my knowledge, they don't use any annotations based metadata.
Hence I'm able to exclude them all -> metadata-deployer-jboss-beans.xml .

The only use case would be user apps,
but they are subject to change after every restart.
Or why else would you restart? :-)

And my gut feeling tells me it would be even harder or pointless to have
to invalidate existing persisted AE.