[jboss-dev] Re: Changing the default of unordered

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Fri May 15 09:58:00 EDT 2009

Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
> Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>
>>> Do you mean to make a new XB release with temporary config and then
>>> another release to switch back?
>>> I'll talk to the tools team tomorrow morning.
>> Darn, I need to be awake at the office then ? :)
>>
>> Just to have it on writing The Tools team just thinks it would be
>> better that AS (or jaxb library) by default would
>> set jaxb to by default be tolerant until all schemas we bundle are
>> fixed but it should not be done in the run.sh/run.bat since tools like
>> JBoss Tools, netbeans,
>> ant and maven in many cases do not use these but instead runs the main
>> server jar directly.
>>
>> Hence what I would find optimal is that AS on startup enables a
>> tolerant jaxb unless it is explicitly asked not to be,
>> i.e. I assume the AS testsuite would like jaxb to be strict to make
>> the testsuite fail until schemas are fixed ?
>>
>> Then when all those pass, you can make jaxb strict again.
>
> I would prefer to set the property in the AS, e.g. in org.jboss.Main
> boot(args) or processCommandLine(args) instead of making a temporary
> change in the defaults. What do you think?

FYI, I've also changed it in jboss-server-manager:1.0.3-alpha-2.
released yesterday (though not integrated into AS now).  This is so
jboss-test and the TestSuite will always pick it up, regardless if
running from Ant or not.

For now, Main seems fine, it's low-level enough.  But it won't be picked
up when we want to start using new bootstrap to run in-VM or without AS
Main.  That'll be very soon.

I've made a container task to track/link the associated reverts:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6924

S,
ALR

> Thanks,