[jboss-dev] Something funny with hot deployment scanning

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon May 18 12:40:08 EDT 2009

It looks like it is just not logging. If you start with
-Djboss.server.log.threshold, you see this in the log:

2009-05-18 11:38:12,269 DEBUG
[org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl] (HDScanner) Fully
Deployed vfsfile:/Users/
jason/devel/jbossas/branches/Branch_5_x/build/output/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/useless-beans.xml

David M. Lloyd wrote:
> It seems that 5.x latest isn't picking up new files named
> "*-jboss-beans.xml" or "*-beans.xml" in the deploy/ directory.
> Strangely I can "touch" existing -jboss-beans.xml files and cause them
> to undeploy; it's just *my* particular file is being ignored.  If I
> start the server with my file in the deploy dir (in other words, no
> HDScanner), it's found.  What's the deal?
>
> - DML

Jason T. Greene