[jboss-dev] @JMX and @DisableAOP live happily together

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Mon May 18 13:19:50 EDT 2009

As far as I'm aware, MBeans don't normally have lifecycle methods outside
of the methods on f.e. MBeanRegistration or PersistentMBean or whatever (in
other words, managed by the MBeanServer and not the MC).  If the bean's
mbean view is being registered to the MBeanServer, what else could it be
doing that it's not?

The idea that @JMX doesn't work with @DisableAOP was (iirc) the primary
argument against having AOP disabled by default, but it seems to me that
this is not true.

- DML