[jboss-dev] WARNING: Changes to app server distribution build

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Wed May 20 17:16:06 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to merge build.xml with build-dist.xml in the AS build in trunk.  In
addition, I'm removing any usage of buildmagic and the thidparty libraries.ent
file.  Instead, the maven ant tasks will resolve all the dependencies in the
thirdparty pom and make them available via properties.

So a dependency in the thirdparty/pom.xml that looks like this:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
     <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
   </dependency>

Will be available as a property in the form "groupId:artifactId:type".

   ${javax.servlet:jstl:jar}

For future maintenance of the AS dist build, I'd like to take the approach of
having an ant target that pulls in files for each module of the project.  For
example, a target called "module-hibernate-int" will pull in any files from the
"hibernate-int" module.  This is basically the way the build works now.  The
difference is that I've moved a lot of the copying of thirdparty jars to the
"thirdparty" target instead of in the individual modules like they were before.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this and/or suggestions about
improving the way the dist build or other parts of the build work.

Thanks!