[jboss-dev] AS and the new Bootstrap Implementation

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Sun May 24 13:35:56 EDT 2009

Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote:
> The patch to bring this into AS has been under development in:
>
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/branches/Branch_5_x_BootstrapLegacyRemoval/
>

> ...and I plan on bringing this into Branch_5_x once both 5.1.0 is cut
> and I can verify no regression in the AS TestSuite.

My big patch went in:

http://fisheye.jboss.com/changelog/JBossAS/?cs=89345

Due to the complexities of the large AS TestSuite, and a whole bunch of
transient failures on my Hudson instance, 5 regressions sneaked in:

org.jboss.test.cluster.defaultcfg.profileservice.test.FarmedClusterHotDeployUnitTestCase(ClusteredProfileService).testFarmHotDeployment
org.jboss.test.cluster.defaultcfg.simpleweb.test.BuddyReplicationFailoverUnitTestCase(Default-udp).testFailoverAndFailBack
org.jboss.test.deployers.test.DeploymentManagerUnitTestCase(profileservice).testHotDeploymentBeans
org.jboss.test.jbossmessaging.clustertest.ClusteredTestCase(tests-jbossmessaging-cluster).testSimpleCluster
org.jboss.test.jbossmessaging.test.UnackedUnitTestCase(tests-jbossmessaging).testUnackedTopic

Ordinarily I say any commit that regresses the suite should be rolled
back, but due to the size of this one and the difficulty in getting a
reliable test run outside of JBossQA, I'll request some leniency to
track these 5 down during the beginning of the week.  Otherwise I'll
roll back on my own.

Sound reasonable?

S,
ALR