[jboss-dev] Moving microcontainer -> kernel

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Tue May 26 11:10:33 EDT 2009

Will you please follow up, when complete, with the complete:

groupId:artifactId:version

...of all the projects affected, as well as their old names?

Likely we'll want to be adding some rules to the various Enforcer Plugin
configurations to ban the old stuff.

S,
ALR

Kabir Khan wrote:
> We plan to make some changes to the microcontainer project over the next
> few days/week, and wanted to give you all a bit of advance warning. The
> reason is that the microcontainer project has grown since its inception
> and is an umbrella for numerous sub-projects: jboss-reflect, jboss-man,
> jboss-mdr, jboss-mdr-cache, jboss-cl, jboss-deployers, jboss-vfs as well
> as the 'microcontainer' project, which is really the kernel.
>
> Hence, we plan to rebrand the existing 'microcontainer' core as
> 'kernel', and here is what will change:
>
> *** JIRA ***
> We have already moved it in JIRA, so the old JBMICROCONT issues have
> been moved to JBKERNEL.
> The existing JBMICROCONT project will be kept to deal with global
> microcontainer issues.
>
> *** SVN ***
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/trunk/
> will move to
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/trunk/
>
> But we will leave the existing tags under
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/tags/
> as well as the branch these releases have been taken from:
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/branches/Branch_2_0/
>

> The plan is for the
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/trunk/
> to be come a holder projects for things like tools, docs etc. that bind
> together the individual sub-projects.
>
> The upcoming 2.2.x releases will be tagged from
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/Branch_2_2
> (this branch will be created later once we're ready for 2.2.x )
>

> *** MAVEN ***
>  From 2.2.0 onwards the existing microcontainer artifacts will have a
> new groupId
> org.jboss.microcontainer -> org.jboss.kernel
> The 2.0.x releases will keep on using org.jboss.microcontainer.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kabir

Andrew Lee Rubinger
Sr. Software Engineer