[jboss-dev] Release Change: 5.2.0.Beta1 obsoleted by 6.0.0.M1

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 19:09:19 EST 2009

Due to the near completion of the EE6 specification, and the significant
progress that has been made in 5.2 on major EE6 features like Weld (our
299 impl), and Bean Validation (JSR-303), we have decided to shift this
work to 6.0.0.M1 (Milestone One). We will periodically release
milestones as we add the remaining EE6 capabilities and other
interesting features.

We plan to tag M1 by Monday, November 16th, with a release by November 23th.

The status page for this release is now located here:
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/AS600M1StatusExecutiveSummary

For those actively working on this release, the branch is still called
Branch_5_x (admittedly confusing). This will be dropped after we tag,
and the remaining 6 work will progress on trunk.

Thanks!

--
Jason T. Greene