[jboss-dev] Embedded Release Requirement for AS 5.2.0 Beta

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 21:09:12 EDT 2009

As it stands, EmbeddedAS is a standalone project which depends upon AS.
  To bring this into the AS build/testsuite is to introduce a cyclic
dependency.

The reasoning behind this structure was to decouple "EmbeddedAS", a
combined API for lifecycle/config/deployment from AS proper.  We can
bring in the entire AS dependency chain transitively in one declaration,
thus making for a single entry point for users.  In turn, this is how
the Embedded tests are set up/run.

If we need to rethink this relationship, now is the time and I welcome
all comments.  To be honest I started developing outside in this little
sandbox for prototyping and it's stood since.  Will sleep on it and post
more ideas to the list as they come.

S,
ALR

--