[jboss-dev] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPAPP-2941

Richard Achmatowicz rachmato at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 10:45:30 EDT 2009

Scott Stark wrote:
> I'm fine with updating the logic as indicated in the patch to look for the last
> ':'.   The JBPAPP-2941 issue is marked against EAP 5, but the patch is against
> naming in 4.3. The naming project used in EAP 5 is coming from the standalone
> naming release. Does this need to be fixed for EAP? If so, I'll integrate the
> change in https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBNAME-39. I don't suppose it hurts
> to keep the parsing to strip leading and trailing [] even though they don't need
> to be used?

I believe the same issue arises in all EAP versions (4.2 CP, 4.3 CP and
EAP 5) and so needs
to be fixed in all three. I'm sorry for the confusion on the versioning.
I believe I was looking at
EAP 5 when I first logged the bug, and then moved to EAP 4.2 and 4.3
where the source code
for JNDI was more readily accessible. However, i've been busy with 4.2
and 4.3 and haven't been
able to look at the naming project of EAP 5 yet.

Also, please take note that the patch I initially included on the issue
JBPAPP-2941 does not include the
additional one line change for JNDI autodiscovery which  Brian mentions
in the comments
section. I've attached a second patch file (for 4.2) which shows the
change.

Can't comment about the removal of [], except that if URLs are later
formed, they will probably need to be
reinstated.