[jboss-dev] annotation scanning

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:51:59 EDT 2009

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 18:23 +0200, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
>> - Papaki annotation scanning requirements/variants

I already integrated extracted working stuff into Deployers:
  - http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/mc-ann/trunk/
  -
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jboss-deployers/trunk/deployers-vfs/src/test/java/org/jboss/test/deployers/vfs/annotations/test/

> Ok. Indeed, I cannot use any form of optimized scanning for JARs which
> are in WARs at the moment. It works, but it is slower.

My guess would be that this slowness comes from the way Metadata project
uses this annotation scanning.
And afaik, you also went back to the old load-all-scan-all-classes approach.

> See AS trunk for the exact processing style (to summarize, I need to be
> able to scan and process annotations separately for classes
> in /WEB-INF/classes and in each individual JAR in /WEB-INF/lib).

This looks like an additional requirement on top of scan-all-in
deployment unit.

I would still try to scan it all - as that's the only proper way to
account for restrictions.

Then there could be an api that would group this annotations according
to source location.