[jboss-dev] Looking for Wow factor in AS 5.x

Pete Muir pete.muir at jboss.org
Sun Sep 13 12:59:56 EDT 2009

On 13 Sep 2009, at 09:41, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>> WebBeans is not part of JBoss AS strictly speaking.
> It will be to be EE6 compliant. And afaik it is included already now.

Yes, Web Beans, which implements JSR-299: Contexts and Dependency
Injection for Java EE (formally known as Web Beans, abbreviated to
CDI) is integrated in JBoss AS from 5.1.0 and above.

Just download the app server, and deploy an app which is CDI-enabled
(drop a beans.xml file into WEB-INF) and you'll see CDI services are
made available.