[jboss-dev] JPA 2 / Hibernate 3.5 in AS 5.2

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 18:11:36 EDT 2009

Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> I've started my migration work in
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jpa/trunk/
>
> But I need feedback.
>
> I am bootstrapping BV for now but it will need integration with the
> application level BV. I will take inspiration from the JSF work Stan
> has done as soon as it's JNDI issue is solved.
Resending.  This bounced the first time...

I'll probably have a rough cut checked in by tomorrow.  As of now, for
each deployment, it binds a BV Factory in global JNDI at:
/BeanValidationFactories/<DeploymentUnit.getSimpleName()>/

Some questions I have:
* Is DeploymentUnit.getSimpleName() guaranteed to be unique?  If not,
will DeploymentUnit.getName() work better as a JNDI subcontext name?
* What is the status of JNDI requirements in the spec? * Are we required
to bind to java://comp/env?