[jboss-dev] JPA 2 / Hibernate 3.5 in AS 5.2

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 19:03:45 EDT 2009

Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> I've started my migration work in
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jpa/trunk/
>
> But I need feedback.
>
> Here are a few comments:
>  - JBoss Metadata does parse JPA 1 style XML files and will need to
> support JPA 2 style (schema version, validation mode and caching modes
> have been added and need to be returned in PersistenceUnitInfo)
>  - JBoss Metadata depends on JPA 1 (ie maven dep) and now need to move
> to JPA 2
> => where should this be done? Which branch?

Alexey can answer this. He recently split up the metadata project per
component to make this a bit easier to manage, although this was
targeted for trunk.

We may be able to solve this by just updating the current branch in a
way that easily supports both format versions. You could start by just
creating a special branch to test this work, and merge it back in when done.

--
Jason T. Greene