[jboss-dev] Localized logs

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 11:21:22 EDT 2009

OK, I've taken a look at the logging-spi and there's actually mean of
getting a I18n version of the JBoss logger, good.
Afaics that's actually supposed to work with the jdk logger and not with
the log4j, perhaps DML can confirm?
Are there plans for adding I18n functionalities on top of the log4j version?

Alessio

Ales Justin wrote:
> I know DML mentioned this during our AS6 meeting,
> but I don't know how far his impl is.
>
> I guess you can easily check his impls:
> * common-logging-logmanager
> * common-logging-spi
> * jboss-logbridge
> * jboss-logmanager
> * jboss-logmanager-log4j
> * jboss-stdio
> * slf4j-jboss-logging
> * slf4j-jboss-logmanager
>
> It's probably c-l-spi that should have this info in its interfaces.
>
> Alessio Soldano wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>> to avoid writing something someone else might have already worked on, do
>> we already have a common JBoss api for logging localized messages using
>> bundles, etc.?
>> Cheers
>> Alessio

Alessio Soldano