[jboss-dev] xb in start up time

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 11:17:56 EDT 2009

I've run simple comparison tests for fastjaxb from resteasy and xb based
on the "person" test from fastjaxb.
The results don't look that promising for fastjaxb, especially taking
into account its binding features at this point are still primitive.

repetitions - number of unmarshallings of Person
total - total time in ms for all the repetitions
avg - average time ms for single repetition

repetitions 1
fast jaxb total=139, avg=139.0
xb total=47, avg=47.0

repetitions 10
fast jaxb total=151, avg=15.1
xb total=106, avg=10.6

repetitions 100
fast jaxb total=249, avg=2.49
xb total=286, avg=2.86

repetitions 1000
fast jaxb total=1057, avg=1.057
xb total=1402, avg=1.402

I posted the test code on the forums if you want to review
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257880