[jboss-dev] OSGi available in AS trunk

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Thu Apr 1 13:15:41 EDT 2010

The OSGi bundles that get installed do not come for free in terms of
startup time. Perhaps OSGi should not go into 'default'.
It is not so useful there because it does not integrate with all the
other bits yet i.e. you cannot call an OSGi service from a servlet/ejb3
and vice versa.
This is however our long term goal.

-thomas