[jboss-dev] Weird thought of the day: maven-based booting

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 08:25:31 EDT 2010

It might be more reliable to locally cache the maven resources
(otherwise maven becomes your single point of failure).  I wouldn't want
to see an entire cluster halt, just because maven crashed.

Its also not weird to boot/deploy from a version control system either.

Although, the weird thing is when you make direct changes to the cached
application jars, instead of through maven or version control.  That
should be avoided but it might not be bad for debugging (drop in a quick
debug jar and later replace with production bits from maven/source
control).