[jboss-dev] Weird thought of the day: maven-based booting

Andersen Max max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Apr 8 04:46:49 EDT 2010

Are you saying they dropped P2 or that they used P2 together with Felix OBR ?

P2 is actually very interesting in this respect IMO since it is basically a portable
provisioning system that works on all platforms, has a public API and is not tied
to any specific provisioning format. Thus if you want to use rpm's, zips, p2-repositories,
maven layout or whatnot it is possible to customize P2 to do it.

That would mean AS could simply focus on the interesting parts (booting) and let P2 do
all the heavy lifting of figuring out proper dependencies and resolution strategies.

/max