[jboss-dev] OSGi removed from 'all' profile

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 06:24:50 EDT 2010

What I've seen is most users taking the existing configs as-is and adding their deployments,
with small modifications. If they want cluster support they just pick the 'all' config.
Advanced users might try to trim down unused services but many will just leave what is
already there.

I definitely think osgi support should be tested as part of the testsuite to spot regression
and test osgi in combination with other subsystems. But this can always be done by just
creating and booting a custom config based off of 'default', as many other tests do, e.g. a
lot of security tests. So that could make a separate testing target.

In any case, this whole discussion will not be much relevant as jboss AS evolves and gives
you more freedom to define your configuration, or just have everything available and
on-demand activated.