[jboss-dev] fix AS trunk testing on windows

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 08:24:31 EDT 2010

I couldn't find a way to convert all the paths to relative paths using
purely build.xml. So, I wrote a small Java class that does the
conversion and which is called from ant.

Now, it generates a testsclasspath.jar in testsuite and the test targets
work.

The problem with this is that if there is no relative path from
testsuite to the local maven repository it won't work (e.g. they are on
different hard drives).

Any other ideas to fix it?

On 3/4/2010 11:30 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
> Ok, yeah the reason this has only started blowing up recently is that
> now all thirdparty jars are referenced from the maven repo, which
> defaults to the users home directory. This is a really long path, and
> asking users to relocate their repo is just not reasonable.
>
> So yeah I think your fix is the only real solution. All of the junit
> targets should generate a temp jar that contains the classpath and refer
> to it instead.
>
> If you have this already, can you just commit it?
>
> Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> I'll look into this.
>>
>> Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
>>> It currently isn't working (e.g. one-test target) since the classpath is
>>> too long. To work around the issue, a manifest-only jar has to be
>>> created which would reference all the jars and dirs. Can we fix testing
>>> this way?
>>> This is what I am doing on my laptop at the moment.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alexey