[jboss-dev] xml validation of jboss deployments

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 08:04:30 EDT 2010

I've revisited
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6744
"remove xb.builder.useUnorderedSequence=true from AS run scripts"

A couple of bound classes that need to be fixed:
- org.jboss.remoting3.metadata.LocalClientMetaData
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7967

- org.jboss.xnio.metadata.ChannelListenerMetaData
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7968

There are a number of XML files that will fail to parse because they are
not consistent with their schema (the list is below). Perhaps we should
add tests in the testsuite similar to XmlValidationUnitTestCase which
validates testsuite deployment descriptors.
But they are easy to fix (most common error is incallback elements
appear after property elements). If there are no objects I can fix these.

deployers.xml
profile.xml
ejb3.deployer/META-INF/ejb3-as-deployers-jboss-beans.xml at 45,31
jboss-jca.deployer/META-INF/jca-deployers-jboss-beans.xml at 90,35
jbossweb.deployer/META-INF/war-deployers-jboss-beans.xml at 167,37
ear-deployer-jboss-beans.xml at 48,36
ejb-deployer-jboss-beans.xml at 48,55
ejb3-deployers-jboss-beans.xml at 14,41
jbossweb.sar/META-INF/jboss-beans.xml at 21,39
ejb3-container-jboss-beans.xml at 11,111
hornetq/hornetq-jboss-beans.xml at 19,30
profileservice-jboss-beans.xml at 45,46