[jboss-dev] 1' hornetq delay on first boot

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 12:28:55 EDT 2010

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> I don't think it makes sense to bundle 100Mb of empty files in any distro :-)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what Tim wrote.

Developer profile: create files on demand with a small size
Production profile: create files at boot time with a large size

Does that make sense?

> Since community AS targets developers I think we should configure HornetQ to create those
> files on demand

I disagree that there should be only one community profile.  Developers
are going to use community.  Evaluators are going to download AS
Community and benchmark.  We should have a separate download for each.

If we could have "maven based deployment", shipping/defining profiles
would be really cheap.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat