[jboss-dev] pluggable auth-method

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Jul 13 12:35:35 EDT 2010

Remy, Anil,

(I'm cc'ing jboss-dev for archive purposes)

Sergey , a new web services/resteasy hire, has done some great work
around OAuth lately.  I'm interested in taking his stuff to the next
level and make it consumable in a way JBoss AS users are used to
configuring security.

Specifically, I'm interested in defining a OAuth
login-config/auth-method within web.xml i.e.

<login-config>
    <auth-name>OAuth</auth-name>
    <realm-name>...</realm-name>
</login-config>

This would be an initial step, eventually I'd like to be able to
configure a web app to support multiple authentication mechanisms, so
that one URL could support both OAuth and traditional clients.

Is JSR 196 the way to do this?  Do we support in AS6?  Is there doco
someplace?  (I couldn't find with a search).

Thanks,

Bill

--
Bill Burke