[jboss-dev] AS jars from maven repository

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 05:19:07 EDT 2010

> It would work in both, but for what Bill wants, I think you are correct.

True, it would work in both, as VFSClassLoaderFactory10 extends ClassLoadingMetaData.

But it depends where you're using, and since you mostly mention / suggest the usage of jboss-classloading.xml,
it wouldn't work there unless we used <classloading>.

> Although as I understand it, he is actually creating a bean inside a deployment?

Yes.

Another thing to mention with Bill worrying about the order if multiple -beans.xmls are involved.
If you declared proper dependency on this new classloader bean, the order doesn't matter.
e.g.
<bean name="foo" class="...">
   <classloader><inject bean="maven:re:2.0-CR1-classloader"/><classloader>
</bean>
This bean would wait in pre PRE_INSTALL state until that classloader bean is available.
Aka it would be registered, but not yet "class info" described, since its classloader is not yet available.

> Bill's approach wont know anything about the scoping rules of the deployment
> as he correctly points out.

Yes, as that classloader creation skips VDF usage -- it's a plain (cl) bean.