[jboss-dev] 1' hornetq delay on first boot

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Fri Jul 23 06:36:27 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 08:31 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> On 07/21/2010 09:37 AM, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
>> Doesn't work. 2 is the minimum, I think.
>
> Yes.. 2 is the minimum.
>
> As I said.... the best would be to have no persistence on development
> http://hornetq.sourceforge.net/docs/hornetq-2.1.0.Final/user-manual/en/html/persistence.html#persistence.enabled

I am not really sure disabling persistence is a good thing. From what I
understand of that section:

<quote>In some situations, zero persistence is sometimes required for a
messaging system. Configuring HornetQ to perform zero persistence is
straightforward. Simply set the parameter persistence-enabled in
hornetq-configuration.xml to false. Please note that if you set this
parameter to false, then /zero/ persistence will occur. That means no
bindings data, message data, large message data, duplicate id caches or
paging data will be persisted.</quote>

I guess this is going to break functionality. For example, consider:
- N messages sent to a queue, to which a MDB listens
- X are delivered to the MDB
- Server is shutdown
- Ideally the remaining messages should be available on server restart.

Disabling persistence, I guess is going to break that. I don't think
developers would want that _by default_.

-Jaikiran