[jboss-dev] Nexus configuration changes

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 13:45:25 EDT 2010

After a lot of feedback and discussions about the repo configuration and repo
performance, we've decided to make some changes to the Nexus repo [1].  The
public group URL now contains the proxy repositories, so this URL can be used by
everyone instead of having separate anonymous vs. authenticated settings.

The other change is that downloads from the public group now allow standard
http, and this appears to have some improvement in the download speed.

I think we should also include this repository URL in project POMs for the time
being.  Ideally, we wouldn't need repositories listed in POMs because it can
cause problems when the pom is used from the repository.  But for now, I think
the benefits of including repositories in project POMs outweigh the negatives.

By adding this public repo to your project POM, a default Maven install with no
settings.xml configuration should be able to build your project.

[1]http://community.jboss.org/en/build/blog/2010/05/31/maven-repository-performance-update-2