[jboss-dev] [was: new scanning in AS trunk] JSF and scanning

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:56:14 EDT 2010

<bean name="JSFUrlIntegrationDeployer-20" class="org.jboss.jsf.deployer.JSFUrlIntegrationDeployer">
   <property name="JSFImplName">
     <value>Mojarra-2.0</value>
   </property>
   <property name="JSFImplManagementDeployer">
     <inject bean="JSFImplManagementDeployer"/>
   </property>
   <property name="additionalURLs">
     <collection elementClass="java.lang.String">
       <value>${jboss.lib.url}scanning-plugins.jar</value> // HERE
     </collection>
   </property>
 </bean>

This is not good -- the additionalURLs.
I know why you put it there, but this can probably create a bunch of problems with other scanning plugins.
e.g. CCE on Hibernate's Scanner

I think you can actually just rip off my JBossAnnotationProvider and put it into your jboss-faces.jar,
and you then simply depend on scanning-plugins.jar,
which is actually already available at boot classpath - due to deployers usage,
and mc-int-servlet.jar which is in common/lib.

Let me know when you copied the JBP, so I'll remove it from scanning lib.

> Who adds this jboss-faces.jar to classpath?
> Your integration deployers? Based on what?
> jboss-faces.jar == jboss-faces-SNAPSHOT.jar ?

OK, I checked the source code, so I know the answers to this questions.

> On thing I also noticed you should probably put jboss-structure.xml into jsf.deployer/META-INF,
> so you're not depending on "proper" structure deployers to be used,
> when *not* recognizing your Mojara and jsf-libs dir as non-deployments.
> e.g. someone might resurrect sar' lib/ structure deployer or have matching group structure deployer

I can add this if you like.