[jboss-dev] WARN message from WarAnnotationMetaDataDeployer for 2.3 version of web-app

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 09:36:02 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Rémy Maucherat <remy.maucherat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks a lot ! Now I have some progress. I don't see this as being
> related to the web.xml version (which would make little sense), but
> for me it is related to the deployment name (which makes no sense at
> all). The invoker.war and ROOT.war do not work, but if I rename
> ROOT.war to foo.war, then all the scanning attachments are present,
> and it works (or more precisely, it does not break, and I will be able
> to test things further, which is much nicer than being stuck).
>
> Ales, any idea ?

Found why: scanning-deployers-jboss-beans.xml has its list of
deployment names which will be silently skipped. Using a
jboss-scanning.xml is a good idea, but hardcoding this in, especially
for something like the root webapp, is wrong.

I think we should not be using such a hardcoded list, and should use
jboss-scanning.xml instead.

Rémy