[jboss-dev] Way to scan for classes that extend or implement

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Jun 14 09:43:26 EDT 2010

I also have written a scanner plugin that indexes classes that implement
anntotations that are annotated with:

i.e.

@Path
public interface MyResource {}

public class MyResourceImpl implements MyResource {}

Set<String> classes =
interfaceIndex.getAnntoationIndex(Path.class.getName())

Ales Justin wrote:
> I've fixed this in scanning trunk, so you don't need the url anymore.
> If null, the whole deployment unit's owning classpath will be checked.
>
> For the moment you can use the scanning trunk's snapshot - the api is still the same,
> and I'll try to do new release asap -- need to fix some CL & Deployers issue before doing the whole cycle.
>

> On Jun 11, 2010, at 10:46 PM, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Hmmm, where you get the classpathItem from then?  AnnotationIndex
>>> doesn't require for you to provide this info.
>> It's just a regular VirtualFile to the JAR or exploded folder. For the
>> classpath you could do:
>> List<VirtualFile> classpath = (VFSDeploymentUnit) unit.getClassPath();
>>
>> Rémy

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com