[jboss-dev] Keep-alive disconnect callbacks?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu May 6 09:32:50 EDT 2010

Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Anybody know of any API in JBoss WEb and/or Tomcat that allows you to
>> receive Keep-Alive disconnect callbacks?
>
> You have no business at all interfering with the low level aspects of
> the connection.

Who says I want to interfere?  I just want to know if the client
disconnects.  If you're managing some session-related objects tied to an
unreliable client (the browser), a callback like this is useful to
trigger clean-up facilities.

I know Jetty has a feature like this and a number of people have found
it useful, especially for push applications.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat