[jboss-dev] Building JBPAPP_5_0_0_GA

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Mon May 17 09:52:27 EDT 2010

Hi Kabir,

On 05/17/2010 01:20 PM, Kabir Khan wrote:
> Does anyone know how to build
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/tags/JBPAPP_5_0_0_GA/?

I recently build JBPAPP_5_0_1_GA and ran into problems because of the
new maven repo settings. I had to modify my .m2/settings.xml to get it
to build. Perhaps my fix will work with JBPAPP_5_0_1_GA?

The main change was to use a single always active profile pointing maven
at repository.jboss.org and snapshots.jboss.org for jars and plugins
(profile entry included below)

I also had  modify the pom.xml in thirdparty replacing
<copySources>true</copySources> with <copySources>false</copySources> in
2 places and changing the activation entry
last change the build failed continually trying to download non-existent
source jars.

regards,

Andrew Dinn
-----------

--- 8< -------- 8< -------- 8< -------- 8< -------- 8< -------- 8< -----

<profile>
<id>repository.jboss.org</id>
<repositories>
<repository>
<id>repository.jboss.org</id>
<name>JBoss Repository</name>
<url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2</url>
<releases>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</snapshots>
</repository>
<repository>
<id>snapshots.jboss.org</id>
<url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>
<releases>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</snapshots>
</repository>
</repositories>
<pluginRepositories>
<pluginRepository>
<id>repository.jboss.org</id>
<url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2</url>
<releases>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</snapshots>
</pluginRepository>
<pluginRepository>
<id>snapshots.jboss.org</id>
<url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>
<releases>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</releases>
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</snapshots>
</pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>
</profile>

--
regards,

Andrew Dinn
Senior Software Engineer, JBoss
Red Hat UK Ltd
Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire,
SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt Parsons
(USA)  and Brendan Lane (Ireland)