[jboss-dev] Public IP address used by JBoss AS

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Wed May 26 12:19:15 EDT 2010

[1]
http://javagroups.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/javagroups/JGroups/src/org/jgroups/conf/PropertyConverters.java?revision=1.20&view=markup

>> Similarly looks like we just need to resolve these new "placeholders"
>> to appropriate true values. How exactly does this process work (ie,
>> what's
>> the logic to know PUBLIC is x.x.x.x, what context do we need to do this)?
>
> Bela implemented this for JGroups (JGRP-1204). Bela if this is
> encapsulated in a couple classes, can you provide ALR some links? Best
> via http://javagroups.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/javagroups/JGroups/ as
> I doubt he wants to check out JGroups from cvs.

Yes, this is in [1] around lines 187 - 206. ALR: if you interested in
copying some code from JGroups, just ping me (on #jgroups or skype) and
I can walk you through the impl.

The utility methods are in [2]: getAddress() line 3207

[1]
http://javagroups.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/javagroups/JGroups/src/org/jgroups/conf/PropertyConverters.java?revision=1.20&view=markup

[2]
http://javagroups.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/javagroups/JGroups/src/org/jgroups/util/Util.java?revision=1.264&view=markup