[jboss-dev] Public IP address used by JBoss AS

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Wed May 26 12:43:59 EDT 2010

On 05/26/2010 12:09 PM, Bela Ban wrote:
> Brian Stansberry wrote:
>> IMO we would *not* allow these values as a general configuration
>> option, e.g. in a -jboss-beans.xml:
>>
>> <!-- Not supported -->
>> <property name="bindAddress">PUBLIC</property>
>
> -100 IMO: a user may want to define an address based on some criteria,
> so the above makes perfect sense ! I can even envisage that we support
> something like this later:
>
> <property name="bindAddress">192.168.*,274.2.*,SITE_LOCAL</property>,
>
> which means that we should try to pick a site local address starting
> with 192.168, if not found a global IP address starting with 274.*, and
> if still not found, go and grab any site local address.
>
> All of this logic can be centralized (in JGroups it is in 1 place) and
> used everywhere.

If we put the resolution logic inside of jboss-bootstrap, any MC
component can @Inject or <inject> the JBossASConfiguration and do
getBindAddress() (even if the input was something like "PUBLIC").  The
configuration initialization phase would resolve before the server comes up.

S,
ALR

--
Andrew Lee Rubinger