[jboss-dev] AS6 EJB+Resteasy regression with unchanged code

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Tue Nov 9 06:34:04 EST 2010

On Tuesday 09 November 2010 05:31 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
> I'm getting deployment errors for Resteasy + EJB integration with
> existing code (that I haven't changed in months).  For a simple EJB:
>
> package org.jboss.resteasy.test;
>

> @Path("/scan")
> @Stateless
> public class MyResourceBean implements MyResource
> {...}
>
> I"m getting a JNDI lookup error in Resteasy deployment that it can't
> find:
>
> "MyResourceBean/local"
>
> Some questions:
>
> 1) Has the local interface jndi binding changed?

No, the jndi names are the same.
> 2) Maybe servlet filters can deployed before EJBs?

This probably is the cause. The filters can be started way before the
EJBs are deployed or bound to JNDI. I don't exactly know what changed
after M4, which makes this more reproducible.

Can you point us to this application? Maybe we could get it working or
figure out what changed.

-Jaikiran