[jboss-dev] Cargo - looking for a maintainer of the JBoss AS / EAP plugins

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 16:11:55 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 11:31 +0530, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> I haven't used that plugin, but I thought they fixed a similar issue
> in 1.0.3 of that project, to support deployment to AS5 and AS6:
>
> http://cargo.codehaus.org/JBoss+Remote+Deployer
> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CARGO-416
>
> Have you tried 1.0.3?

The remote deployment for JBoss in Cargo 1.0.3 has a lot of issues, you
can't really use it with the cargo maven or ant plugins. The example way
of doing it is to use the Cargo java classes and copy across _all_ the
jars from JBoss into your classpath.
The old way of doing it worked much better, but it wouldn't exactly work
as expected over a network.

Cargo needs a simple way for JBoss to deploy wars remotely across a
network. Something like how the Tomcat manager does it.