[jboss-dev] Project Versions in jbossas/trunk

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Sep 21 10:25:50 EDT 2010

Everyone should be transitioning to this model, but it's not fully
adopted yet. Note that the community releases can still include
experimental features, or new pilot frameworks, etc. So, it's perfectly
reasonable to ship some beta/alphas of things. However, we really should
look into getting CRs where possible.

On 9/15/10 10:32 PM, Shelly McGowan wrote:

> Referencing this wiki:
>
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossProjectVersioning
>
> A Candidate Release qualifier is for releases that we anticipate can be the GA release.
>
> The 6.0.0.CR1 release is anticipated to be *the* GA release with a few additional bug fixes.
>
> There are currently 32 components in jbossas/trunk/component-matrix/pom.xml that are versioned with
> the Alpha qualifier, 18 Beta.
>
>> From the same wiki:
> The use of Alpha is for early releases that are not API complete.
>
> The use of Beta qualifier is for releases where the release is API complete, but its not completely tested,
> or there may even be questions about the API itself that may change, even though the implementation is complete.
>
> Is this convention being followed?  If so, jbossas/trunk has 50 components that are not API complete or may change?
>
> Trying to get a clear roadmap of the upgrades expected. There are only 6 identified in https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8253.
> Appreciate if the project leads can add a subtask if an upgrade is planned for 6.0.0.CR1.

Jason T. Greene